The Causes of Disease
- We as humans don’t actually age, we don’t get sick and we don’t get diseases – our cells do.
- What are cells made of?
- How do cells age, get sick and get diseases?
- Where do Free Radicals come from?
They come from water treated with chlorine to make it ‘ safe’ for drinking, from stress, sunlight, airline travel, medication, foods, food additives, herbicides, chemicals, toxic poisons, all sprayed on the crops mostly demanded by the enormous power of the supermarket chains, x-rays, exercise, mercury in sea food and tooth fillings and much, much more.
One cigarette attracts approximately one quadtrillion free radicals: 1000,000,000,000,000.
- The solution
Therefore, they are your body’s defence against aging, sickness and disease.
- Where do anti oxidants come from?
Antioxidants are also found in high quality vitamin supplements, which are recommended by the American Medical Association because most adults do not eat the right foods to properly feed their cells.
Not all supplements are beneficial. They must be absorbed by your body. Nearly all supplements purchased by mail order or major shopping chains in the UK are manufactured only to food standards, which is the basic legal requirement. In charts provided by the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, the top British brand came very close to the bottom of 1,650 Companies purity levels with only 3% purity.
Supplements also should include many types of antioxidants, combined properly.
There are effective supplement, ineffective supplements and hazardous supplements. Uneducated consumers are at risk from 2 sides:
· Consumer knows they should supplement but doesn’t know how to select an effective supplement, therefore wastes their money time and health.
· Consumers are misinformed on the need to supplement and so sacrifice their health.
- Where do vitamins/minerals come from?
MINERALS are found in plants. Plants get their minerals from the soil - soil gets minerals from water washing over rocks. For vitamins to do their job, they require minerals. Minerals must also be obtained from food or supplements.
ANTIOXIDANTS are specific vitamins or minerals that protect body cells from the damaging effects of Free Radicals. Free radicals come from or are caused by smoking, sunlight, stress, exercise etc., and are one of the primary causes of premature aging, sickness and disease.
- How do vitamins/minerals get in the body?
- Where do vitamins/minerals go in the body?
If a nutrient is needed in a certain organ that the body deems more important, it will take the nutrient from a less important organ, and allocate it to a more important organ. Sort of a ‘rob Peter to pay Paul’ action. That is Why it is crucial to maintain proper vitamin and mineral levels.
- Should you take Vitamin and Mineral Supplements?
‘Insufficient vitamin intake is apparently a cause of ` chronic diseases. Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone, therefore it appears prudent for all adults to take vitamin supplements. ’
- American Medical Association.
It is worth remembering here that USA Doctors are far more pro-active towards preventative health as there is no NHS or Pharmaceutical Companies to pressure them.
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation is necessary for the following reasons:
- Crop nutrient losses: decades of agriculture have overworked and depleted soils of minerals.
- Poor digestion: eating too much or too quickly and stress can cause indigestion. Indigestion reduces absorption of vitamins and minerals;
- Over cooking: can easily damage valuable food nutrients
- Microwave cooking: studies suggest that microwave cooking alters the nutritional structure of food.
- Food Storage: length of storage and freezing deplete the nutritional value of most foods.
- Food selection: eating a too limited range of different food groups will result in nutrient deficiencies.
- Food Omission: allergies, crash dieting and poorly designed vegetarian diets omit significant dietary sources of nutrients.
- Environmental factors: herbicides, pesticides, toxic poisons, chemicals and preservatives are all used on crops, leaving them with extremely low nutritional value
- Antibiotics: antibiotics interfere with the intake of essential nutrients
- Stress: be it physical or emotional, can increase the bodies requirement of vitamins and minerals
- Out of balance: the level of each vitamin and mineral in the body has an effect on others, so if one is out of balance (missing), all are adversely affected. With antioxidants, one is not nearly as strong as several combined as each greatly enhances the power of the others.
- Nutrient variance: there are substantial differences between one fruit or vegetable and another. One tomato can have 10 times more nutritional value than another. Which tomato did you eat?
A deficiency of a vitamin or mineral will cause a body part to malfunction and eventually breakdown - and like dominos, other body parts will follow.
- Jack F Balc. M.D
Prescription for nutritional healing.
- How do vitamins/ minerals leave the body?
Even thinking uses vitamins and minerals. Exercise and stress use a lot of vitamins and minerals; the use of diuretics (substances that increase discharge of urine) such as drugs, alcohol, coffee, tea and sodas - washes vitamins and minerals out of the body creating deficiencies - this can create a major health problem.
Tobacco and alcohol can also inhibit the absorption of vitamins and minerals, or accelerate the loss of them.
Your health, your intelligence, your energy and your appearance are dependent on you replenishing your vitamins and minerals several times a day.
Information and statements regarding dietary and nutritional supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.